“Sin City” is infested with criminals, crooked cops and sexy dames, some searching for vengeance, some for redemption and others, both. The play incorporates storylines from three of Miller’s graphic novels including ‘Sin City,’ which launched the long-running, critically acclaimed series, as well as ‘That Yellow Bastard’ and ‘The Big Fat Kill.’ Where Hartigan, a cop with a bum ticker and a vow to protect stripper Nancy. Marv, the outcast misanthrope, is on a mission to avenge the death of his one true love, Goldie; there’s also Dwight, the clandestine love of Shelley who spends his nights defending Gail and her Old Towne girls from Jackie Boy, a dirty cop with a penchant for violence.
THE 2011 SIN CITY NEW PLAY CONTEST
Submission are accepted 8/15/11 – 10/1/11.
Open to U.S. residence only.
Winning play receives:
Full production in the 2012 Onyx Theatre/Off Strip Productions Season.
Publication and licensing contract from Original Works Publishing, the home for bold, original, innovative new plays.
- Full Length contemporary plays for audiences 18 and up. No musicals, adaptations, translations, or works for younger audiences.
Plays must be unpublished (including self publication).In addition to unproduced plays, plays that have received only one full production in the last five years and MFA thesis plays also are eligible.
- Maximum 7 performers.
- Playwrights may only submit one script.
- Five finalists will receive public reading at the Onyx Theatre in November 2011.
- Winner will be selected by audience vote and an official panel of judges from Off Strip Productions.
- Winner will be notified by email and phone.